Ryton and District Angling Club
R.A.D.A.C is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the well- being of all its members. The club believes that it is important that members, junior members, coaches, administrators and parents associated with the club should, at all times, show respect and understanding for the safety and welfare of others. Therefore, members are encouraged to be open at all times and to share any concerns or complaints that they may have about any aspect of the club with the secretary Chris Cook.
Code of practice for parents/carers
- Encourage your child to learn the rules and fish within them.
- Discourage cheating and arguing with officials or coaches.
- Help your child to recognise good performance, not just results.
- Never force your child to take part in angling.
- Set a good example by recognising fair play and applauding good performances of all.
- Never punish or belittle a child for losing or making mistakes.
- Publicly accept officials’ judgements.
- Support your child’s involvement and help them to enjoy their angling.
- Use correct and proper language at all times.
- Encourage and guide performers to accept responsibility for their own performance and behaviour.
Code of practice for junior members
As a member of Ryton and District Angling Club you are expected to abide by the following junior code of practice:
- All members must fish within the rules and respect officials and their decisions.
- All members must respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of age, gender, ability, race, cultural background, religious beliefs or sexual identity.
- Members should keep to agreed timings for coaching and competitions or inform their coach if they are going to be late.
- Members must wear suitable kit for coaching and match sessions, as agreed with the coach.
- They must also bring all necessary medicines (labelled with their name) and be able to administer them theirselves unless previously agreed in writing with the coach.
- Junior members are not allowed to smoke on club premises or whilst representing the club at competitions.
- Junior members are not allowed to consume alcohol or non-prescribed drugs of any kind on the club waters or whilst representing the club.
Please download and complete this form – RADAC – CODE OF PRACTICE FORM